On July 31, 2013, fire consumed a building in Sooke that housed several local businesses, including the RBC. All were demolished.
On June 29, 2016, almost three years later, RBC revisits the memory, perhaps triggering a moment of déjà vu. This year’s culprit? According to fire chief Steven Sorensen it was a cigarette in bark mulch.
This cigarette butt was extinguished by fire fighters in a timely manner. Might’ve been nice if the originator put in a fraction of the effort.
— Steven Sorensen (@FireChiefSooke) June 30, 2016
Tis the season, to butt out, fully extinguish, and safely dispose of those cigarette butts! We are, after all, at a Level 4 Drought rating.