–SPN News and Events
Sooke is in the heart of cougar country (of the animal variety). For those who are interested in learning more about these almost invisible-to-humans cats, consider attending the CRD’s Cougar Capers, an informative walk organized by CRD’s Regional Parks.
It will take place on September 3, 2017 between 1:00 and 2:30 pm, in East Sooke, East Sooke Regional Park.
Participants are invited to investigate the life of a cougar on this informative walk and talk with a CRD Regional Parks naturalist.
Those who are interested are to meet at the kiosk in the Aylard Farm parking lot off Becher Bay Road before 1:00 pm.
The walk is suitable for participants aged five and older. Children must be accompanied by adults.
For more information, call 250.478.3344. The online event page is here.
— CRD (@crd_bc) August 28, 2017
- CRD issues Cougar Sighting Warning for East Sooke Park near Anderson Cove
- Matheson Lake Cougar caught on video in East Sooke, April 2017
- A close encounter of the cougar kind
- Cougar safety tips from Ladysmith and Take5NewsTV
- Destroyed cougar attempted to enter a home, met human confrontation with aggression
- Cougar destroyed on Grant Rd
- Cougar Season (animal variety)
- Cougar alert for Whiffin Spit and area
- Cougar spotted by Sooke Chevron
- Cougar sightings trigger these tips from Wild Wise Sooke