Director of Corporate Services and Corporate Officer
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Corporate Services and Corporate Officer provides supervision, management, leadership, technical expertise and related communications, human resource administration, project management, policy and by-law reviews to Corporate Services and associated Departments; adheres to those responsibilities identified in section 148 of the Community Charter; oversees the municipal elections process; responsible for the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act compliance; arranges support to Council/Boards/Committees; develops and implements administrative policies and long-range department plans; prepares operating and capital budgets, and champions the District of Sooke’s corporate mission and values.
Required Education and Experience
A Masters degree in Public Administration with a specialization in municipal government, or the equivalent courses and experience in municipal government.
- Certificate in Project Management.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in municipal administration.
- Experience working in a Clerk’s Office analyzing and writing policy.
- Experience running a municipal election (returning officer).
- Superior writing skills ad communication skills including web design and social media.
- Ability to speak publicly and make presentations to Council.
- Experience in the design and delivery of in-house training programs.
- Ability to design and implement administrative systems.
- Working knowledge of the Community Charter, Local Government Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and other related statutes, laws, regulations and precedents respecting local government.
- Working knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order and Procedure Bylaws.
- Demonstrated ability in effective leadership and management
To view the full job description, please visit the employment page of our website at www.sooke.ca
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Teresa Sullivan, Chief Administrative Officer
District of Sooke
2205 Otter Point Rd
Sooke BC V9Z 1J2
This position is an excluded management position. Working hours are not the standard nine to five and require a significant amount of time working in the evenings and on weekends.
Please submit cover letter and resume no later than September 1, 2016.