The Stick In The Mud Coffee House just announced a small price increase. In case you missed it, here’s that statement (re-printed on SPN with permission):
Over the next few days you will see some price changes at The Stick.
The sole reason for this is to increase wages for Everyone who works here.
- Every food and drink item $3 and under will remain the same price.
- Every food and drink item over $3 will increase by 25 cents.
I do not believe in Minimum Wage, I think that businesses should base their models around paying something better than that. However, with the imminent raise in the provincial Minimum Wage I have made the decision to increase my staff’s wages by the same increment. This will maintain a differential between the lowest possible wage you can pay in BC and what I believe is appropriate for the skill, friendliness and good service that my staff provide (almost!) all the time.
If you have questions please contact me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commission invites people to chart the path to $15-an-hour minimum wage
- Vancouver Island’s Buckerfields to pay living wages, investing in employee satisfaction and retention
- B.C. sets sights on $15-an-hour minimum wage, reaffirms commitment to a fair wages commission
- Study busts myths about who benefits from $15 minimum wage
- Ontario introduces $15 minimum wage, equal pay and benefits for all workers
- Johnny Rockets launches in Victoria with $15 an hour starting wage
- Living Wage in the CRD hovers around $20/hour
- Half of single BC seniors living on $25K or less per year
- By lunchtime today, top 100 CEO’s in Canada will have earned almost $50K
- Child poverty in BC