The following was posted by the Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue – Station 37 Sooke
Today we ask YOU to help us. You may not know, but today is officially called “Giving Tuesday” and we are calling on all of our followers to help our non-profit, volunteer rescue organization, in 1 of 2 ways.
1. Using the “Donate Now” button on our Facebook Header above (see photo for example), donate some money to our rescue society as we are currently involved with some mechanical issues on our vessel which will result in approx. $10,000 in repairs. Your financial support would greatly help us at this time. It takes a lot of support and donations to make these vessel repairs to ensure we are able to save more lives on the water and to keep our SAR crews safe while performing these missions.
2. If you cannot afford to donate, please share our plea with your friends on Facebook by hitting the share link below so our word can travel farther.
[sam id=”15″ codes=”true”]Our rescue crews in Sooke have been tasked to over 30 calls this year, some of them which have directly resulted in lives saved. Any support to us would be very helpful.
Thank you for your help and support and by reading this message. It is greatly appreciated.
All SPN stories on RCMSAR-37
- Sooke marine rescue called out to assist three in a boat stuck in thick Bull Kelp, East Sooke
- Sooke’s marine rescue recognized with an award
- Sooke marine rescue tends to early morning head injury
- Sooke responds to Mayday off Possession Point on Friday evening
- Marine rescue tend to head injury near Sheringham Lighthouse
- Vessels of opportunity work with Sooke’s marine search and rescue to assist adrift vessel
- Contemplating search and rescue on Sooke waters? (Video)
- Concerned citizen triggers Search and Rescue callout for paddle boarders
- SAR Station 37 called to escort Tribal Journey First Nations canoe into Sooke
- Mayday call sees six rescued from a sinking vessel
- Three lives saved in a Sooke Basin Mayday call
- Sooke’s Search and Rescue Station 37 secures District funding
- Sooke’s marine search and rescue hit the water for two call-outs on Victoria Day
- This rigorous marine rescue training can take your breath away
- Sooke Search and Rescue help a vessel in distress against the rocks
- Cold water survival training RCMSAR Station #37 (Sooke), plus more
- RCMSAR Station 37 (Sooke) respond immediately to Mayday: Vessel taking on water
- Sooke Community Grants: Legion gets $10,000, and Council remains within their $50,000 budget
- Search and Rescue Station 37: Recent call out, and open house invitation
- Sooke, Victoria SAR stations awarded for their role in the 2015 Race Rocks rescue
- Sooke SAR recues missing person, Goodridge Island
- Station 37 (Sooke) Search and Rescue assisted 36′ sailing vessel
- Information update on the two missing men, RCMP and RCM-SAR 37
- ICYMI CTV News VI Video: Sooke to become training hub for BC rescuers
- RCM-SAR interviewing rescue crew shortly
- It’s “Giving Tuesday” … Please consider Sooke’s Search and Rescue
- In their own words: Sooke’s SAR on the assist of the capsized boat
- Sooke Search and Rescue assist with capsized boat
- Sooke SAR Station 37 called to help kayaker on Remembrance Day
- Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue