My husband and I recently went into The Great Canadian Dollar Store next to Western Foods to purchase a birthday card and I noticed against the farthest wall where the toys are were very realistic toy guns, assault rifles and so on.
I am extremely troubled by this and cannot think of one reason why the Dollar Store should have these items for sale there.
I hope customers will take note and ask the folks working in the store why they are selling toy weapons and if they can remove them.
Other Letters to SPN
- Open Letter: Dear Premier, don’t go scrapping Daylight Saving Time until you read this
- Letter: Bad planning leaves public out in the cold … in more ways than one
- Open Letter: My thoughts on poverty
- LETTER: A request for the District to restart publishing podcasts, a request for supporters
- LETTER: “We got better-than-a-deal” from the Dragons, say local entrepreneurs who faced the fire
- Open Letter to the Government of British Columbia: Upholding the rights of Indigenous Peoples means stopping Site C
- Open Letter: Director Hicks calls for province to dissolve mediation, and include JdF in Regional Growth Strategy binding arbitration
- Letter: What defines this town of Sooke?
- Letter: My boy’s EX and GX Pokémon Card have gone missing
- DELEGATION: Recent bad Council decision tied to the lack of an up-to-date OCP
SPN Welcomes your letters to the editor. You can send them to us using the Contact Form on the Contact page, or by sending us an email. Please indicate that your correspondence is a letter, and also indicate where you live (Sooke, East Sooke, Port Renfrew, etc).