–Sooke Mayor Maja Tait
(originally posted on FB, and re-produced with permission; to follow her directly, click her post below)
Hollywood comes to Sooke! Over the next six weeks, a motion picture featuring Parker Posey, Ken Jeong and Aden Young will be shot here in Sooke.
The crew will muster at the Evergreen Mall with production occurring at places like the 17 Mile Pub and Mom’s Cafe.
The production crew has been working closely with District staff to ensure film permits are completed where necessary.
Many thanks to the businesses and residents for accommodating the production.
Wishing the crew, actors and all parties an enjoyable time in our beautiful community.
Previous messages from the mayor
- Message from the Mayor: Hollywood comes to Sooke
- Message from the Mayor: Sooke mayor inspired by local creative spirit
- Message from the Mayor: Moonfist is caped “Broomfist”
- Message from the Mayor: Fire safety is top of mind
- Message from the Mayor: See you at the Flats on Canada Day
- Message from the Mayor: Keep your butts with you