Did you see them today? Police are ramping up their quest to find distracted drivers and, um, ‘educate’ them with a hefty tuition fee (aka ticket). Today, they were in a darkened doorway at the bottom of Otter Point Road, close to Sooke. Did you see them? With any luck, they had no reason to talk to you.
- Driving: It looked like a drunk driver to me
- Distracted driving results in more deaths in B.C. than impaired driving
- Still too distracted by your phone while driving?
- Crashes on the rise in B.C.; new ICBC campaign targets bad driving habits
- ICBC looks at anti-distracted driving technology
- Sooke RCMP on the prowl for distracted drivers
- Distracted driving, some facts to consider
- Put down the phone or pay up: New distracted driving rules in effect
- RCMP have new tools to see distracted drivers
- One in four deaths on BC roads involved distracted driving
Since you’re here, we have a small favour to ask.
At 1.7 million page views over the past year, more people than ever are reading SPN. We had hoped advertising local services and events would sustain this service, but that has not come to pass. Advertising revenues are falling; status quo is unsustainable. Readers, please consider a small monthly donation. This can help secure the future of SPN. Business owners: Please consider an ad. More than massive local exposure, you will also be affiliated with an independent business that is 100% local, 99% paperless, and highly valued by the 98%. That’s priceless.
Thank you for your continued readership.
Or, you set the amount, one-time contribution.
Alternatively, click here to make a $10 donation using SPN PayPal.me. (You can change the donation amount on the landing page by clicking on the dollar amount.)