-Island Health media release
Island Health is warning the public of potential schemes targeting overseas health care professionals.
The misleading postings are offering non-existent jobs within Island Health and state that in order to qualify, potential employees must pay fees for a medical exam and a two day contract orientation session or that they are offering to provide visas for applicants at Island Health.
Please be advised that Island Health is not currently recruiting healthcare professionals from overseas.
Use caution when receiving any communications of this nature.
- ICBC warning customers of text message scam
- No the CRA won’t tell you to e-Transfer Bitcoin or pay in iTunes cards
- Business e-mail compromise scam prompts warning
- Compromised image extortion trend leads to police warning
- LETTER: Scammed Sooke senior shares this randsomware story
- Envelope theft: Protecting yourself on your special day
- SCAM Reminder: CRA does not do transactions with links!
- Know your customer; Or, Don’t send speeding scam to RCMP
- Public warning issued after similar frauds lead to significant losses
- Scam Alert: Fake job postings target overseas healthcare professionals
- Crush the CRA scam
- Want to hear the CRA SCAM call? CBC’s Anna Maria Tremonti talks, so you can listen
- Sooke Food Bank does not solicit door-to-door
- Be vigilent of CRA scams, phishing scams; RCMP continues to seek public’s assistance in identifying suspects
- Do you have a presence on Facebook? Watch for this possible scam
- RCMP issue alert on scams known as Ransomware and/or Scareware
- Prayer scam hits Sooke
- SCAM: Sooke RCMP alert community of another scam, pay up or face arrest
- SCAM: Fraudster posts as senior in need of a caregiver
- SCAM: CRA unexpected offer to kindly give me hundreds of dollars
- Yet another computer scam to be aware of
- Look out for the “Emergency Scam”
- Cyber blackmail aka “Ransomware” growing as a threat
- Phishing scam using the Coast Capital Savings name
- RCMP chime in on CRA scam currently going through Sooke
- READER’S TIP: 642 Sooke numbers targeted by fake CRA scammers
- Nanaimo RCMP warning reaches Island-wide