The following was posted on Facebook by the Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue – Station Sooke
Sept 19, 2017 — Medical injury on-board pleasure craft. 0201h
Early this morning pagers were activated, waking up the duty night crew. RCMSAR Station Sooke was tasked out by JRCC Victoria at 2am to attend a lone male with a head injury on-board his vessel.
The patient was able to call for help, alerting authorities of his situation, and that he required medical assistance.
Crew departed home base, arrived on-scene, and began to assess the patient, cautious of any spinal injuries which may have occurred during the accident.
Carefully removing the patient from his vessel, RCMSAR crews delivered him to waiting BCEHS at the Sooke Government Dock for transport to hospital.
Thank you to the volunteer night crew, who will no doubt be standing close to the coffee pots today!
- Sooke marine rescue tasked to Port Renfrew to assist, Monday afternoon
- Sooke marine rescue called out to assist three in a boat stuck in thick Bull Kelp, East Sooke
- Sooke’s marine rescue recognized with an award
- Sooke marine rescue tends to early morning head injury
- Sooke responds to Mayday off Possession Point on Friday evening
- Marine rescue tend to head injury near Sheringham Lighthouse
- Vessels of opportunity work with Sooke’s marine search and rescue to assist adrift vessel
- Contemplating search and rescue on Sooke waters? (Video)
- Concerned citizen triggers Search and Rescue callout for paddle boarders
- SAR Station 37 called to escort Tribal Journey First Nations canoe into Sooke
Since you’re here, we have a small favour to ask.
At 1.7 million page views over the past year, more people than ever are reading SPN. We had hoped advertising local services and events would sustain this service, but that has not come to pass. Advertising revenues are falling; status quo is unsustainable. Readers, please consider a small monthly donation. This can help secure the future of SPN. Business owners: Please consider an ad. More than massive local exposure, you will also be affiliated with an independent business that is 100% local, 99% paperless, and highly valued by the 98%. That’s priceless.
Thank you for your continued readership.
Or, you set the amount, one-time contribution.
Alternatively, click here to make a $10 donation using SPN PayPal.me. (You can change the donation amount on the landing page by clicking on the dollar amount.)