–This first appeared on Facebook. To follow them directly, click the post below.
RCMSAR Station Sooke tasked at 19:46 by Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC) Victoria to a disabled 24′ boat, three persons on-board, [the boat] dead in the water between Secretary Island and Possession Pt.
A strong ebb tide was producing 3′ seas in this narrow passageway placing the vessel and her crew in danger of going aground, approx. 100′ from the shore.
All persons on the stricken vessel donned their PFD’s, were able to drop an anchor with enough line to temporarily secure the boat from drifting further, and waited until we arrived on-scene.
RCMSAR Station Sooke secured the vessel with a stern tow line, lifted their anchor, and were able to get them safely back to Sooke.
*Photo below is not of this mission, but from an earlier RCMSAR Station Sooke training session.
Note: If you wish to get involved, considering attending their upcoming AGM. See Juan de Fuca Marine Society AGM: You are invited! for details.
- Sooke marine rescue called out to assist three in a boat stuck in thick Bull Kelp, East Sooke
- Sooke’s marine rescue recognized with an award
- Sooke marine rescue tends to early morning head injury
- Sooke responds to Mayday off Possession Point on Friday evening
- Marine rescue tend to head injury near Sheringham Lighthouse
- Vessels of opportunity work with Sooke’s marine search and rescue to assist adrift vessel
- Contemplating search and rescue on Sooke waters? (Video)
- Concerned citizen triggers Search and Rescue callout for paddle boarders
- SAR Station 37 called to escort Tribal Journey First Nations canoe into Sooke
- Mayday call sees six rescued from a sinking vessel
- Three lives saved in a Sooke Basin Mayday call
- Sooke’s Search and Rescue Station 37 secures District funding
- Sooke’s marine search and rescue hit the water for two call-outs on Victoria Day
- This rigorous marine rescue training can take your breath away
- Sooke Search and Rescue help a vessel in distress against the rocks
- Cold water survival training RCMSAR Station #37 (Sooke), plus more
- RCMSAR Station 37 (Sooke) respond immediately to Mayday: Vessel taking on water
- Sooke Community Grants: Legion gets $10,000, and Council remains within their $50,000 budget
- Search and Rescue Station 37: Recent call out, and open house invitation
- Sooke, Victoria SAR stations awarded for their role in the 2015 Race Rocks rescue
- Sooke SAR recues missing person, Goodridge Island
- Station 37 (Sooke) Search and Rescue assisted 36′ sailing vessel
- Information update on the two missing men, RCMP and RCM-SAR 37
- ICYMI CTV News VI Video: Sooke to become training hub for BC rescuers
- RCM-SAR interviewing rescue crew shortly
- It’s “Giving Tuesday” … Please consider Sooke’s Search and Rescue
- In their own words: Sooke’s SAR on the assist of the capsized boat
- Sooke Search and Rescue assist with capsized boat
- Sooke SAR Station 37 called to help kayaker on Remembrance Day
- Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue