–RCM Search and Rescue Station 37 (Sooke)
At approx. 1400, RCM-SAR Station Sooke was tasked to assist in a missing person case. The partner of the missing person contacted RCMP saying that her partner has not been seen since late last night, and the row boat was missing from their residence in the Sooke Basin.
Station Sooke departed and arrived in the Basin shortly after being tasked by Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Victoria (JRCC)/Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) to assist in the search.
As we were approaching Goodridge Island one of our spotters noticed a person on the island. We made the approach in 20knt winds and were able to safely extract the person from the island.
The person was in good spirits and with no medical problems, just a little thirsty. He was stranded on the island; the wind and seas prevented him from coming off safely. He left his home at 6:30 a.m. and had been stuck on the island for the last 6 or 7 hours.
The RCMP met us at the dock and his family was happy to see him safe and sound.
- Sooke’s water rescue team tends to grounded vessel Dec 3
- Late morning call-out on Friday for Sooke’s marine Search and Rescue
- Sooke marine rescue tasked to Port Renfrew to assist, Monday afternoon
- Sooke marine rescue called out to assist three in a boat stuck in thick Bull Kelp, East Sooke
- Sooke’s marine rescue recognized with an award
- Sooke marine rescue tends to early morning head injury
- Sooke responds to Mayday off Possession Point on Friday evening
- Marine rescue tend to head injury near Sheringham Lighthouse
- Vessels of opportunity work with Sooke’s marine search and rescue to assist adrift vessel
- Contemplating search and rescue on Sooke waters? (Video)
- Concerned citizen triggers Search and Rescue callout for paddle boarders
- SAR Station 37 called to escort Tribal Journey First Nations canoe into Sooke
- Mayday call sees six rescued from a sinking vessel
- Three lives saved in a Sooke Basin Mayday call
- Sooke’s Search and Rescue Station 37 secures District funding
- Sooke’s marine search and rescue hit the water for two call-outs on Victoria Day
- This rigorous marine rescue training can take your breath away
- Sooke Search and Rescue help a vessel in distress against the rocks
- Cold water survival training RCMSAR Station #37 (Sooke), plus more
- RCMSAR Station 37 (Sooke) respond immediately to Mayday: Vessel taking on water
- Sooke Community Grants: Legion gets $10,000, and Council remains within their $50,000 budget
- Search and Rescue Station 37: Recent call out, and open house invitation
- Sooke, Victoria SAR stations awarded for their role in the 2015 Race Rocks rescue
- Sooke SAR recues missing person, Goodridge Island
- Station 37 (Sooke) Search and Rescue assisted 36′ sailing vessel
- Information update on the two missing men, RCMP and RCM-SAR 37
- ICYMI CTV News VI Video: Sooke to become training hub for BC rescuers
- RCM-SAR interviewing rescue crew shortly
- It’s “Giving Tuesday” … Please consider Sooke’s Search and Rescue
- In their own words: Sooke’s SAR on the assist of the capsized boat