-Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue – Station 37 Sooke
May 5th, 2017 11:05am – Vessel in distress – Against the rocks!
RCMSAR Station Sooke tasked by Canadian Coast Guard to a vessel in distress near Simpson Point, just south of Whiffin Spit.
Crews arrive on scene to find the boat on the rocks and Captain of the vessel desperately trying to keep their vessel from becoming damaged in the increasing waves.
The SAR crew decide to toss a heaving line to the Captain and towed the boat to safer water.
The captain boarded the SOS V for a rest, crew members then hooked up an alongside tow.
The vessel was docked in Sooke without incident. After passing the information to JRCC, we are stood down and return to base, standing by on pagers.
- Sooke’s water rescue team tends to grounded vessel Dec 3
- Late morning call-out on Friday for Sooke’s marine Search and Rescue
- Sooke marine rescue tasked to Port Renfrew to assist, Monday afternoon
- Sooke marine rescue called out to assist three in a boat stuck in thick Bull Kelp, East Sooke
- Sooke’s marine rescue recognized with an award
- Sooke marine rescue tends to early morning head injury
- Sooke responds to Mayday off Possession Point on Friday evening
- Marine rescue tend to head injury near Sheringham Lighthouse
- Vessels of opportunity work with Sooke’s marine search and rescue to assist adrift vessel
- Contemplating search and rescue on Sooke waters? (Video)