We have some pretty cool volunteers in Sooke! Among them, count the crew at the Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue (RCMSAR) Station Sooke.
The following was posted on their Facebook page.
This past weekend RCMSAR held their annual general meeting (AGM) in Richmond, BC.
Crew from RCMSAR Station Sooke were proud to accept this wonderful award which was presented to our Station from Regional Director – Canadian Coast Guard Incident Management, Brian Wootton
Out of 800+ RCMSAR taskings over the past 12 months, RCMSAR station Sooke was honoured to accept one of only three JRCC Victoria “Top 3 Mission Awards” for saving the lives of three people in the waters off Sooke last June.
Congrats also goes to RCMSAR Station Lax Kwa ‘laams and RCMSAR Station Halfmoon Bay, for each of their JRCC “Top 3 mission award,” as well as RCMSAR Station Ladysmith for their “Honourable Mention” award.
Thank you JRCC Victoria for recognizing our Station this year. And thank you to the 1000+ volunteer RCMSAR crewmembers who are saving lives and assisting boaters every day across BC with all of our SAR partners.
- Sooke’s water rescue team tends to grounded vessel Dec 3
- Late morning call-out on Friday for Sooke’s marine Search and Rescue
- Sooke marine rescue tasked to Port Renfrew to assist, Monday afternoon
- Sooke marine rescue called out to assist three in a boat stuck in thick Bull Kelp, East Sooke
- Sooke’s marine rescue recognized with an award
- Sooke marine rescue tends to early morning head injury
- Sooke responds to Mayday off Possession Point on Friday evening
- Marine rescue tend to head injury near Sheringham Lighthouse
- Vessels of opportunity work with Sooke’s marine search and rescue to assist adrift vessel
- Contemplating search and rescue on Sooke waters? (Video)
Since you’re here, we have a small favour to ask.
At 1.7 million page views over the past year, more people than ever are reading SPN. We had hoped advertising local services and events would sustain this service, but that has not come to pass. Advertising revenues are falling; status quo is unsustainable. Readers, please consider a small monthly donation. This can help secure the future of SPN. Business owners: Please consider an ad. More than massive local exposure, you will also be affiliated with an independent business that is 100% local, 99% paperless, and highly valued by the 98%. That’s priceless.
Thank you for your continued readership.
Or, you set the amount, one-time contribution.
Alternatively, click here to make a $10 donation using SPN PayPal.me. (You can change the donation amount on the landing page by clicking on the dollar amount.)