The West Shore RCMP are doing a GoodNewsFriday news item on Friday’s. Last week, they told of one officer getting down and dirty with the hogs (FeelGoodFriday – Mountie wears the wrangler hat). This week’s item is another happy ending. Because many Sookies pass through West Shore on a daily basis, we thought we’d share that news on SPN.
Here is that release.
FeelGoodFriday – Found wallet with over $800 returned to owner
On October 24th, 2016, a young man found a wallet in the parking lot of Tim Hortons located at 1820 Island Hwy with a large sum of money inside. This unknown, yet honest young man, turned the wallet in to an employee of Tim Hortons.
The employee then attended the West Shore RCMP Detachment to turn the wallet in in hope of returning it to its rightful owner. The owner attended the Detachment shortly after his wallet was turned and was reunited with it!
“It was always comforting to know there are such honest and good people out there willing to do the right thing,” states Cst. Alex Bérubé, spokesperson for West Shore RCMP.
- West Shore GoodNewsFriday: Lost wallet containing $800 reunited with owner
- Free signal light repair for a new-to-town Sookie
- Random act of kindness at the grocery store on Thursday
- Kindness of strangers help rescue dog
- When a u-turn goes horrible wrong
- Letter: Local acts of kindness trigger domino effect