According to Adrian Dix, the Minister of Health, in a CBC interview this morning, 78% of all new cases are happening to those who are currently unvaccinated. The vaccines make a difference. Please, get the shot! -Britt
As of Friday, July 23, 2021, 80.3% (3,723,154) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 58.1% (2,692,024) have received their second dose.
In addition, 81.3% (3,517,529) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 61.4% (2,654,367) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 112 new cases of COVID-19, including six epi-linked cases, for a total of 148,842 cases in the province.
There are currently 603 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,463 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 46 individuals are currently in hospital and 17 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 30 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 199
- 15 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 110
- 59 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 256
- three new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 10
- five new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 22
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: six
In the last 24 hours, four new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,767.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: one
- Vancouver Costal Health: one
- Interior Health: two
Currently, there are two active outbreaks in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health)
- assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 6,422,503 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Data related to active cases in the province is being reconciled by removing 239 historic cases from B.C.’s total. This reflects B.C. residents who tested positive for COVID-19, but did not fall under the case and contact followup program in their home health authorities. Examples include cases who tested positive while staying out of province, or who were under the federal quarantine program.
- Detailed data is posted daily on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html
- To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
- For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
- For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
- For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
- The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures
Previous provincial updates
- 525 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 21, 2021
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021