As of Monday, July 12, 2021, 78.8% (3,652,759) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 44.6% (2,068,450) received their second dose.
In addition, 79.9% (3,455,472) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 47.7% (2,064,190) received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 123 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,154 cases in the province:
- July 9-10: 46 new cases
- July 10-11: 47 new cases
- July 11-12: 30 new cases
There are currently 658 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 145,722 people who tested positive have recovered.
Note that the numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
Of the active cases, 66 individuals are currently in hospital and 14 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 38 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 175
- 38 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 257
- 42 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 167
- no new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 30
- five new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 22
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: seven
In the past 72 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,760.
Currently, there are three active outbreaks in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital (Fraser Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
- long-term care: none
- assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 5,741,691 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
- Detailed data is posted daily on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html
- To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
- For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
- For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
- For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
- The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures
Previous provincial updates
- 342 new BC COVID-19 cases, 0 deaths, Aug 4, 2021
- 742 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 3, 2021 (4 days)
- 243 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 30, 2021
- 204 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 29, 2021
- 185 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, July 28, 2021
- 150 new BC COVID-19 cases, 0 deaths, July 27, 2021: Whopping single day increase
- 267 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 26, 2021 (3 days)
- 112 new BC COVID-19 cases, 4 deaths, July 23, 2021: 78% of new cases with unvaccinated
- 89 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 22, 2021, cases continue trending up
- 78 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 21, 2021, cases steadily trending up
- 76 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 20, 2021
- 156 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, July 19, 2021 (3 days)
- 45 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 16, 2021
- 54 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 15, 2021
- 41 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 14, 2021
- 33 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 13, 2021
- 123 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 12, 2021 (3 days)
- 45 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 9, 2021
- 59 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 8, 2021
- 46 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 6, 2021