As of Monday, Nov. 15, 2021, 90.7% (4,203,257) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.8% (4,021,455) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.1% (3,940,151) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.3% (3,776,870) have received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,270 new cases of COVID-19, including 10 epi-linked cases, for a total of 213,020 cases in the province:
- Nov. 12-13: 502 new cases
- Nov. 13-14: 387 new cases
- Nov. 14-15: 381 new cases
There are 3,837 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 206,665 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 376 individuals are in hospital and 116 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 417 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,325
- 121 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 474
- 275 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 762
- 274 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 641
- 183 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 576
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the past 72 hours, 16 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,273.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: one
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Interior Health: two
- Northern Health: three
- Island Health: eight
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Mission Memorial Hospital and Cherington Place (Fraser Health) have been declared over, for a total of 23 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, The Cedars and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
From Nov. 5-11, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 60.2% of cases.
From Oct. 29 to Nov. 11, they accounted for 66.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 5-11) – Total 3,445
- Not vaccinated: 1,890 (54.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 181 (5.3%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,374 (39.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 29 to Nov. 11) – Total 336
- Not vaccinated: 202 (60.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 23 (6.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 111 (33.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 5-11)
- Not vaccinated: 241.0
- Partially vaccinated: 69.9
- Fully vaccinated: 31.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 29 to Nov. 11)
- Not vaccinated: 40.8
- Partially vaccinated: 14.4
- Fully vaccinated: 2.4
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,441,045 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
- For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf
- For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
- For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
- For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit: https://www.northernhealth.ca/sites/northern_health/files/health-information/health-topics/orders/documents/nh-gatherings-events-orders-oct-2021.pdf
- For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
- As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
- To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
- To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
- For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
- workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
- For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
- Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
- For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
- The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures