As of Monday, Nov. 8, 2021, 90.3% (4,184,112) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.0% (3,986,497) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.7% (3,922,224) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.6% (3,744,474) have received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,438 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 209,703 cases in the province:
- Nov. 5-6: 553 new cases
- Nov. 6-7: 462 new cases
- Nov. 7-8: 423 new cases
There are 4,282 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 202,898 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 407 individuals are in hospital and 121 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 575 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,832
- 155 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 485
- 321 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 683
- 166 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 608
- 221 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 615
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the past 72 hours, 17 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,218.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Interior Health: one
- Northern Health: six
- Island Health: three
There have been three new health-care facility outbreaks at Burnaby Hospital, Maplewood House and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health). The outbreaks at Chilliwack General Hospital, Rideau Retirement Residence, Norman Manor, Menno Terrace West (Fraser Health), Overlander, Haven Hill Retirement Centre and Deni House (Interior Health) have been declared over, for a total of 33 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, Maplewood House (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park, Bethshan Gardens and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
There has been one new outbreak at Millar College of the Bible (Interior Health).
From Oct. 29 to Nov. 4, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.5% of cases.
From Oct. 22 to Nov. 4, they accounted for 70.7% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 29 to Nov. 4) – Total 3,346
- Not vaccinated: 2,018 (60.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 174 (5.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,154 (34.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 22 to Nov. 4) – Total 460
- Not vaccinated: 297 (64.6%)
- Partially vaccinated: 28 (6.1%)
- Fully vaccinated: 135 (29.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 29 to Nov. 4)
- Not vaccinated: 255.0
- Partially vaccinated: 60.9
- Fully vaccinated: 26.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 22 to Nov. 4)
- Not vaccinated: 58.0
- Partially vaccinated: 14.7
- Fully vaccinated: 3.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,346,993 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
- For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf
- For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
- For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
- For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit: https://www.northernhealth.ca/sites/northern_health/files/health-information/health-topics/orders/documents/nh-gatherings-events-orders-oct-2021.pdf
- For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
- As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
- To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
- To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
- For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
- workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
- For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
- Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
- For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
- The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures