Since Friday, there have been 1,462 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., and 8,723 cases are being actively monitored.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 84,569. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 407 new cases
- Fraser Health: 802 new cases
- Island Health: 72 new cases
- Interior Health: 79 new cases
- Northern Health: 102 new cases
- Active cases: 4,854 (previously 4,901)
- Hospitalized cases: 240 (previously 255)
- Intensive care: 66 (previously 66)
- 11 new deaths (total 1,391)
- Recovered: 78,237
- To date, 333,327 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 86,925 of which are second doses.
There have been 144 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 394 cases. Of the total cases, 87 are active and the remaining people have recovered. This includes 363 cases of the B.1.1.7 (U.K.) variant and 31 cases of the B.1.351 (South Africa) variant.
From today’s statement
“Our goal throughout the COVID-19 pandemic has always been to have as much as is safe open, while also protecting those who are at highest risk. As part of this, we regularly review the public health orders we have in place to determine what restrictions may be safely eased.
“With our immunization program ramping up and our days soon getting warmer once again, we can start to look at a modified return of some of the activities that have been on pause.
“We know that a thoughtful, careful approach is required, which means we need to think of resuming activities as slowly turning a dial, instead of flicking a switch.
“We know outside is better than inside, bigger spaces are better than smaller and our layers of protection will still be needed. These principles will guide our decisions in the weeks ahead.
“As part of these efforts, faith leaders have been regularly convening and we are working together to develop an approach to enable the gradual return of in-person religious services later this month. The focus is to both meet the specific needs of different faiths and ensure public health precautions are being maintained.
“There is much that we can look forward to as we look ahead. In honour of International Women’s Day, let’s take a moment to recognize the many, many women who have been instrumental in B.C.’s COVID-19 pandemic response.
“This past year has challenged us all, and we have learned that we are stronger and far more resilient by supporting and encouraging each other along the way. Let’s keep building on the momentum we have gained and continue to do our part to put COVID-19 behind us.”
Watch today’s statement
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021
- 1,711 new BC COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths, Aug 23, 2021 (3 days)
- 663 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 20, 2021
- 689 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, Aug 19, 2021
- 553 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 18, 2021
- 501 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 17, 2021
- 1,434 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 16, 2021 (3 days)
- 717 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 13, 2021
- 513 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 12, 2021
- 536 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 11, 2021
- 395 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 10, 2021
- 1,079 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Aug 9, 2021