As of today, 75.1% of all adults in B.C. and 73.1% of those 12 and older have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. In total, 3,893,581 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 497,932 of which are second doses. On average, BC is doing 325k immunizations every week. So far, we are still on track. See the provincial re-opening plan for details.
Since yesterday, there have been 153 new cases throughout B.C.
- A total of 146,176 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 11 new cases
- Fraser Health: 107 new cases
- Island Health: 13 new cases
- Interior Health: 39 new cases
- Northern Health: 10 new cases
- Active cases: 1,880 (previously 1,910)
- Hospitalized cases: 162 (previously 176)
- Intensive care: 45 (previously 49)
- 1 new death (total reported to date: 1,729)
- Recovered: 142,526
From today’s statement
“As long as we increase our contacts in a slow and measured way, register and get fully vaccinated, and continue to use our layers of protection, we can confidently move forward with BC’s Restart plan.
“What we have seen is that getting fully immunized with your first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccine is making the difference, helping to dramatically slow the spread in our communities.
“Right now, invitations for second doses are starting at eight weeks, with appointments bookings in most locations two to three weeks later. The federal government has also confirmed a significant additional shipment of Moderna later this month. This is good news, and our team, led by Dr. Penny Ballem, is working to incorporate that into our vaccination plans.
“Whether you have a Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccine, there will be a dose available for you when it is your turn.
“Let’s keep slowly and purposefully moving forward to allow all of us to put the COVID-19 pandemic behind us.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 525 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 21, 2021
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021