The numbers during this week have been consistently down. Only three new cases in the Island Health region.
As of today, 72.4% of all adults in B.C. and 69.6% of those 12 and older have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. In total, 3,488,884 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 256,725 of which are second doses.
Since yesterday, there have been 183 new cases throughout B.C.
Case Counts Overall:
- A total of 145,049 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 40 new cases
- Fraser Health: 101 new cases
- Island Health: 3 new cases
- Interior Health: 30 new cases
- Northern Health: 9 new cases
- Active cases: 2,453 (previously 2,563)
- Hospitalized cases: 224 (same as yesterday)
- Intensive care: 59 (previously 62)
- One new death (total reported to date: 1,710)
- Recovered: 140,835
From today’s statement
“Our goal is to get as many people as possible fully vaccinated with their COVID-19 vaccine as soon as we can. This is what will help us control the spread of the virus in our communities.
“We are grateful for the many people in every part of our province who have stepped forward without pause to get their first, and now their second, dose. Demand for vaccine is high, and this is very good for all of us.
“This month will be extremely busy for our clinics – continuing with first doses for people 12 and older and also ramping up our second dose program. Elders, seniors, clinically extremely vulnerable people and others who are highest risk will all be getting vaccinated with Dose 2, with more and more of the broader population following closely behind.
“Let’s make registering and booking our Dose 1 and 2 appointments a priority, so we can safely and confidently move forward to the brighter days ahead.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 560 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Oct 19, 2021
- 1,846 new BC COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths, Oct 18, 2021 (3 days)
- 667 new BC COVID-19 cases, 13 deaths, Oct 15, 2021
- 580 new BC COVID-19 cases, 9 deaths, Oct 14, 2021
- 605 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 13, 2021
- 2,090 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 12, 2021 (4 days)
- 743 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 8, 2021
- 624 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 7, 2021
- 752 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 6, 2021
- 593 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 5, 2021
- 1,986 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 4, 2021 (3 days)
- 714 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 1, 2021
- 749 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 30, 2021
- 813 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 29, 2021
- 652 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 28, 2021
- 2,239 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 27, 2021 (3 days)
- 743 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 24, 2021
- 832 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 23, 2021
- 759 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 22, 2021
- 525 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 21, 2021