Cases continue to trend downward, with only one new case in the Vancouver Island health region. There’s also an Important update on cross-pollinating vaccines for your second vaccine.
Since Yesterday, there have been 184 new cases.
- A total of 144,473 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 48 new cases
- Fraser Health: 113 new cases
- Island Health: 1 new cases
- Interior Health: 19 new cases
- Northern Health: 2 new cases
- Active cases: 2,800 (previously 2,953)
- Hospitalized cases: 254 (previously 249)
- Intensive care: 80 (previously 78)
- No new deaths (total reported to date: 394)
- Recovered: 139,899
To date, 3,303,334 (was 3,250,161) first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C. In total, 70.4% of all adults in B.C. and 67% of those 12 and older have now received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
From today’s statement
“Today, the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) provided guidance on the interchangeability of COVID-19 vaccines for first and second doses. NACI confirmed the safety and effectiveness of interchanging vaccines and reaffirmed the recommendation to prioritize second doses for those at highest risk of severe illness and death.
“More specifically, NACI advises people who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca COVISHIELD vaccine may safely receive either the same vaccine or an mRNA vaccine for their second dose. Additionally, people who received a first dose of one type of mRNA vaccine may safely receive another mRNA vaccine for their second dose.
“Building on the plan for second doses of mRNA vaccines shared last week, this latest guidance will help inform the approach we take here in B.C. for those who received the AstraZeneca COVISHIELD vaccine. More information will be provided on this later this week.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to do things we have perhaps never done before to protect ourselves, our loved ones and our communities. We have learned, adapted and worked hard to keep each other safe.
“We began by adding the layers of protection into our daily lives – wearing masks, staying home when ill and getting tested when we have symptoms. We are now taking the next important steps of getting our first and second vaccine doses.
“The more people who are fully vaccinated, the less risk there is that the virus can spread in our communities, and the more quickly we’ll be able to confidently put the COVID-19 pandemic behind us. Let’s keep moving forward.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 243 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 30, 2021
- 204 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 29, 2021
- 185 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, July 28, 2021
- 150 new BC COVID-19 cases, 0 deaths, July 27, 2021: Whopping single day increase
- 267 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 26, 2021 (3 days)
- 112 new BC COVID-19 cases, 4 deaths, July 23, 2021: 78% of new cases with unvaccinated
- 89 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 22, 2021, cases continue trending up
- 78 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 21, 2021, cases steadily trending up
- 76 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 20, 2021
- 156 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, July 19, 2021 (3 days)
- 45 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 16, 2021
- 54 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 15, 2021
- 41 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 14, 2021
- 33 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 13, 2021
- 123 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 12, 2021 (3 days)
- 45 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 9, 2021
- 59 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 8, 2021
- 46 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 6, 2021
- 84 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, July 2, 2021 (2 days)
- 44 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, June 30, 2021