Since April 3, there have been a two-day total of 1,889 new cases. (If you’re looking for a benchmark, here’s the news from one year ago today.)
- April 3 to 4, we had 999 cases
- April 4 to 5, we had 890 cases
- Combined, this results in a four-day case count of 4,040 new cases, for a total of 104,061 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 579 new cases
- Fraser Health: 986 new cases
- Island Health: 100 new cases
- Interior Health: 129 new cases
- Northern Health: 95 new cases
- Active cases: 8,490 (previously 7,571), with 11,989 people under public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- Hospitalized cases: 318 (previously 296)
- Intensive care: 96 (previously 79)
- 23 new deaths (total 1,486)
- Recovered: 94,806 (previously 91,732)
Since April 1, there have been 916 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 3,559 cases (588 are active). This includes 2,771 cases of the B.1.1.7 (U.K.) variant, 51 cases of the B.1.351 (South Africa) variant and 737 cases of the P.1 (Brazil) variant.
To date, 893,590 (was 856,801) doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 87,472 of which are second doses.
Island Health Vaccination information
Only call in at 1-833-348-4787, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily, when you’re eligible. If you miss your initial age-based window, you can call anytime after you become eligible. Eligibility is now for anyone 85 and older, or Indigenous 65 and older.
From today’s statement:
“The Province is moving ahead with its COVID-19 Immunization Plan ahead of schedule, and launching “Get Vaccinated“, B.C.’s online and telephone registration and booking system.
“As of 8 a.m. tomorrow, all people 71 years and older, Indigenous peoples 18 and older, and those who have received their ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ letter in the mail may book their vaccine appointment online, by telephone through B.C.’s new provincial call-in centre or in-person at a Service BC location.
“The more people we can protect with vaccines, the more protection is extended to our communities, our province and Canada as a whole.
“We know this virus is constantly changing and some of the new variants can spread more easily, but the same measures we know can still stop the spread and we have safe and effective vaccines on our side now. It is more important than ever to stay on track with our vaccination programs, continue to use all our layers of protection all the time and follow the provincial health orders and guidelines.
“If anyone in your family or household is feeling unwell, get tested and stay home from school or work. This is especially important for anyone who has been travelling in these past weeks, as transmission has increased.
“Now is not the time to bend the rules – it’s time for us to work together again to bend the curve. It’s not easy, but it’s the right thing to do for our loved ones, for our local businesses and for the communities we live in.”
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 2,239 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 27, 2021 (3 days)
- 743 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 24, 2021
- 832 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 23, 2021
- 759 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 22, 2021
- 525 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 21, 2021
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021
- 1,711 new BC COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths, Aug 23, 2021 (3 days)
- 663 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 20, 2021
- 689 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, Aug 19, 2021
- 553 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 18, 2021
- 501 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 17, 2021
- 1,434 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 16, 2021 (3 days)