Again, numbers are down. Only two new cases in the Island Health region. Since yesterday, there have been 194 new cases throughout B.C.
- A total of 144,667 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 33 new cases
- Fraser Health: 122 new cases
- Island Health: 2 new cases
- Interior Health: 33 new cases
- Northern Health: 4 new cases
- Active cases: 2,662 (previously 2,800)
- Hospitalized cases: 246 (previously 254)
- Intensive care: 70 (previously 80)
- Four new deaths (total reported to date: 1,707)
- Recovered: 140,238
To date, 3,365,286 (was 3,303,334) first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C. In total, 71.1% of all adults in B.C. and 68% of those 12 and older have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
From today’s statement
“With BC’s Restart plan progressing, this is a time of transition for all of us. We are slowly and cautiously moving forward through Step 1, and in the weeks ahead, activities that have been on hold will resume once again.
“Many are excited about this transition, but there can also be fear and anxiety about what this may mean for you and your loved ones. We have all worked hard to stay safe and we want to keep our positive momentum going.
“We can progress at a pace that works for us – whether that is in step with the restart plan or perhaps being slower and more gradual in our individual approaches.
“Even as we move forward, businesses will still be required to have a workplace safety plan, based on the individual risks in their business. And we must also be respectful that some people and communities will take more time to welcome visitors, based on their own vulnerabilities.
“The restart plan is the playbook for our best path forward. It is about keeping community transmission low as we safely and confidently restart our province.
“So, let’s keep going on this path – following the restrictions that remain in place, continuing to use our layers of protection and ensuring we are fully vaccinated to give all of us maximum protection.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 243 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 30, 2021
- 204 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 29, 2021
- 185 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, July 28, 2021
- 150 new BC COVID-19 cases, 0 deaths, July 27, 2021: Whopping single day increase
- 267 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 26, 2021 (3 days)
- 112 new BC COVID-19 cases, 4 deaths, July 23, 2021: 78% of new cases with unvaccinated
- 89 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 22, 2021, cases continue trending up
- 78 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 21, 2021, cases steadily trending up
- 76 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 20, 2021
- 156 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, July 19, 2021 (3 days)
- 45 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 16, 2021
- 54 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 15, 2021
- 41 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 14, 2021
- 33 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 13, 2021
- 123 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 12, 2021 (3 days)
- 45 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 9, 2021
- 59 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, July 8, 2021
- 46 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, July 6, 2021
- 84 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, July 2, 2021 (2 days)
- 44 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, June 30, 2021