Since yesterday, there have been 317 new cases.
- A total of 143,581 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 73 new cases
- Fraser Health: 163 new cases
- Island Health: 5 new cases
- Interior Health: 60 new cases
- Northern Health: 16 new cases
- Active cases: 3,441 (previously 3,543)
- Hospitalized cases: 292 (previously 286)
- Intensive care: 79 (previously 88)
- 2 new deaths (total reported to date: 1,692)
- Recovered: 138,360
To date, 3,106,269 (was 3,032,811) first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 160,885 (was 155,730) of which are second doses. This means 67.2% of all adults and 62.7% of those aged 12 and older have now received their first dose.
Register on the government website to get vaccinated.
Island Health Vaccination information
Only call in at 1-833-348-4787, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily, when you’re eligible. If you miss your initial age-based window, you can call anytime after you become eligible. Eligibility is now for anyone 85 and older, or Indigenous 65 and older.
From today’s statement
“This has been a milestone week in B.C.’s COVID-19 pandemic response. Our restart plan began, our surgical renewal strategy resumed and we have started the accelerated delivery of second doses to people throughout the province.
“We have a roadmap and now we must stick to the path: doing what we can to further slow the spread of COVID-19 and break the chains of transmission in our communities.
“The virus is still spreading with new cases and clusters, which is why using our layers of protection and getting vaccinated – especially in this time of transition – is so important.
“We are moving to a different and better place for all of us, so let’s continue to do our part to get there as soon as we can. Together, we will restart B.C. and put the COVID-19 pandemic behind us.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 560 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Oct 19, 2021
- 1,846 new BC COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths, Oct 18, 2021 (3 days)
- 667 new BC COVID-19 cases, 13 deaths, Oct 15, 2021
- 580 new BC COVID-19 cases, 9 deaths, Oct 14, 2021
- 605 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 13, 2021
- 2,090 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 12, 2021 (4 days)
- 743 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 8, 2021
- 624 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 7, 2021
- 752 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 6, 2021
- 593 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 5, 2021
- 1,986 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 4, 2021 (3 days)
- 714 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 1, 2021
- 749 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 30, 2021
- 813 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 29, 2021
- 652 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 28, 2021
- 2,239 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 27, 2021 (3 days)
- 743 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 24, 2021
- 832 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 23, 2021
- 759 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 22, 2021
- 525 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 21, 2021