As of Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021, 90.1% (4,174,139) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.5% (3,963,038) received their second dose.
In addition, 90.5% (3,913,478) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.1% (3,723,644) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 430 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 207,120 cases in the province.
There are currently 4,373 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 200,220 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 137 individuals are currently in intensive care.
Note: Due to a data error, the number of people in hospital has not been included in today’s report and will be provided tomorrow.
The new/active cases include:
- 202 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,891
- 56 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 603
- 88 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 638
- 37 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 550
- 47 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 632
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,192.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: four
- Interior Health: one
- Island Health: one
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Hallmark on the Park (Fraser Health). The outbreaks at Heritage Village and Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health) have been declared over, for a total of 40 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake and Hallmark on the Park (Fraser Health).
From Oct. 26 to Nov. 1, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.5% of cases and from Oct. 19 to Nov. 1 they accounted for 72.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 26 to Nov. 1) – Total 3,732
- Not vaccinated: 2,206 (59.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 200 (5.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,326 (35.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 19 to Nov. 1) – Total 449
- Not vaccinated: 296 (65.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 29 (6.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 124 (27.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 26 to Nov. 1)
- Not vaccinated: 282.7
- Partially vaccinated: 69.5
- Fully vaccinated: 30.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 19 to Nov. 1)
- Not vaccinated: 57.0
- Partially vaccinated: 14.2
- Fully vaccinated: 2.8
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,278,198 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
- For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
- For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
- For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit: https://www.northernhealth.ca/sites/northern_health/files/health-information/health-topics/orders/documents/nh-gatherings-events-orders-oct-2021.pdf
- For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
- As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
- To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
- To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
- For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
- workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
- For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
- Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
- For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
- The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures