Since yesterday, there have been 485 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C. and 9,320 people are actively being monitored.
A new order is being issued to reduce alcohol consumption over new year’s eve, with sales ending at 8 pm on December 31, 2020, and not resuming again before 9 am January 1, 2021. Restaurants and bars must close by 9 pm on December 31, 2020.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 51,300. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 117 new cases
- Fraser Health: 211 new cases
- Island Health: 16 new cases
- Interior Health: 57 new cases
- Northern Health: 84 new cases
- Active cases: 7,551 (previously 7,580)
- Hospitalized cases: 379 (previously 373)
- Intensive care: 77 (previously 80)
- 11 new deaths (total 893)
- Recovered: 41,175 (previously 41,175)
- 1,444,990 individuals have been tested as of Dec 30, 2020,
(was 1,409,112 individuals have been tested as of Dec 24, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
- Since the start of immunizations, over 14,027 people have been vaccinated (previously 12,000)
The Moderna vaccine has arrived in the remote communities in BC, and vaccinations are set to start today and/or tomorrow.
Common symptoms with COVID19 include fever/chills, persistent cough, loss of smell, and difficulty breathing. If symptoms appear call your health-care provider or 811 right away for further guidance. You can also check your symptoms online.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)