Due to updates to the Provincial Immunization Registry (PIR), the data on vaccinations administered to the B.C. population is not available today.
On Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021, B.C. is reporting 500 new cases of COVID-19, including 21 epi-linked cases, for a total of 210,203 cases in the province.
There are currently 4,301 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 203,375 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 426 individuals are currently in hospital and 124 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 152 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,800
- 48 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 527
- 121 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 745
- 103 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 557
- 76 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 613
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the past 24 hours, five new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,223.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: one
- Northern Health: one
- Island Health: three
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health), for a total of 33 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, Maplewood House (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park, Bethshan Gardens and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
There has been one new outbreak at Mar Jok Elementary School (Interior Health).
From Nov. 1-7, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 63.5% of cases and from Oct. 25 to Nov. 7 they accounted for 69.7% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 1-7) – Total 3,379
- Not vaccinated: 1,966 (58.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 179 (5.3%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,234 (36.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 25 to Nov. 7) – Total 366
- Not vaccinated: 235 (64.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 20 (5.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 111 (30.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 1-7)
- Not vaccinated: 246.5
- Partially vaccinated: 63.8
- Fully vaccinated: 28.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 25 to Nov. 7)
- Not vaccinated: 45.2
- Partially vaccinated: 11.2
- Fully vaccinated: 2.5
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,361,935 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
- For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf
- For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
- For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
- For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit: https://www.northernhealth.ca/sites/northern_health/files/health-information/health-topics/orders/documents/nh-gatherings-events-orders-oct-2021.pdf
- For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
- As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
- To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
- To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
- For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
- workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
- For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
- Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
- For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
- The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures