Since yesterday, there have been 546 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., and 7,176 cases being actively monitored.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 66,265. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 174 new cases
- Fraser Health: 218 new cases
- Island Health: 30 new cases
- Interior Health: 70 new cases
- Northern Health: 51 new cases
- Active cases: 4,455 (previously 4,299)
- Hospitalized cases: 291 (previously 303)
- Intensive care: 75 (previously 74)
- 12 new deaths (total 1,184)
- Recovered: 59,141 (previously 58,352)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
- To date, 127,255 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 4,185 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard: www.bccdc.ca
From today’s statement:
“Over the past year, many of the occasions where we would get together with our friends and extended family have been put on hold or re-imagined to ensure it is safer for everyone. This same approach needs to be taken with the upcoming holidays in February – including the Lunar New Year and Family Day.
“Any travel beyond your local community, unless it is absolutely essential for work or medical care, is strongly discouraged right now. This is necessary because we know that COVID-19 can travel with us, and we can just as easily bring it back on our return. If it is a day trip or a weekend getaway, the risk is the same.
“The more people you see and more places you go increase the risk for you, your family and those in the community you may be visiting. Rather, this coming Family Day, make it a day with your family at home. Plan something local and make it special for the people in your household.
“Doing our part is all of our responsibility, whether an individual, workplace or business. Just as we are asking every person to help keep our wall strong, without exception, so we need businesses to do that same.
“In recent weeks, we have seen an increase in community clusters and exposures in businesses, and we remind business owners now is not the time to let things slip. WorkSafeBC and environmental health teams have stepped up inspections and will take all necessary measures to ensure the safety of communities, including shutting a business if required.
“Equally important, all businesses that can accommodate employees to work from home should ensure that continues. The fewer people you see, the safer everyone will be.
“The ongoing risks and challenges that have come with this pandemic have put a strain on all of us. While much focus is on our physical health, it is equally important to take care of our mental and emotional well-being. In particular, let’s ensure we connect our friends and family – young and old – who may be struggling, to let them know they are not alone and support is available.
“We thank everyone for your sustained effort and commitment, despite how tired you may be. Take heart in knowing the small actions we take – sending a card to a friend, following the directional arrows in your grocery store – have a big impact and, without a doubt, will help stop the spread of COVID-19.”
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021
- 1,711 new BC COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths, Aug 23, 2021 (3 days)
- 663 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 20, 2021
- 689 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, Aug 19, 2021
- 553 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 18, 2021
- 501 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 17, 2021
- 1,434 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 16, 2021 (3 days)
- 717 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 13, 2021
- 513 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 12, 2021
- 536 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 11, 2021
- 395 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 10, 2021
- 1,079 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Aug 9, 2021