Highlights as observed by Britt: The latest restrictions appear to be working, that coupled with the vaccinations (I myself received my first shot of AstraZeneca and am alive to report on it). Rates are down across the board, from reported numbers to hospitalizations and ICU. The vaccination program will extend to include those between 12 and 17 shortly.
Since yesterday, there have been 572 new cases. (Here’s the news from one year ago.)
- The total of 132,925 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 118 new cases
- Fraser Health: 362 new cases
- Island Health: 22 new cases
- Interior Health: 57 new cases
- Northern Health: 13 new cases
- Active cases: 6,877 (previously 7,161), with 10,961 (previously 10,961) people under public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- Hospitalized cases: 481 (previously 486)
- Intensive care: 161 (previously 173)
- No new deaths (total reported to date: 1,594)
- Recovered: 124,252
To date, 1,943,230 (was 1,910,162) first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 92,244 of which are second doses.
As of tomorrow anyone 18 years and older will be able eligible to register on the government website to get vaccinated. If you’re 40 and up, you can also contact your local pharmacy to register for the Astrazeneca vaccine.
Island Health Vaccination information
Only call in at 1-833-348-4787, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily, when you’re eligible. If you miss your initial age-based window, you can call anytime after you become eligible. Eligibility is now for anyone 85 and older, or Indigenous 65 and older.
From today’s statement:
“We have three highly effective and safe vaccines available in our province, and the more people who receive their vaccine, the faster we will get to the point where COVID-19 is no longer disrupting our daily lives.
“As more people become eligible and more vaccines are approved, we will continue to update our province-wide program, including integrating people 12 to 17 years old, now that the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine has been approved for use in this age group.
“With additional supply now available, we’re accelerating our delivery and we also need you to do your part. We all need to register to reserve our spot and book our vaccine as soon as we are eligible.
“Spread the word and share your vaccine-day photos to show your friends and family that you have helped to protect them – your sons and daughters, parents and grandparents.
“Getting vaccinated when it is our turn, using our layers of protection, staying small and local, and following all of the public health measures is what will see us through this storm.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 525 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 21, 2021
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021
- 1,711 new BC COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths, Aug 23, 2021 (3 days)
- 663 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 20, 2021
- 689 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, Aug 19, 2021
- 553 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 18, 2021
- 501 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 17, 2021
- 1,434 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 16, 2021 (3 days)
- 717 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 13, 2021
- 513 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 12, 2021
- 536 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 11, 2021
- 395 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 10, 2021