Since yesterday, there have been 625 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C. and 8,719 people are actively being monitored.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 55,254. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 178 new cases
- Fraser Health: 305 new cases
- Island Health: 28 new cases
- Interior Health: 71 new cases
- Northern Health: 43 new cases
- Active cases: 6,472 (previously 6,343)
- Hospitalized cases: 381 (previously 367)
- Intensive care: 78 (previously 77)
- 8 new deaths (total 962)
- Recovered: 46,728 (previously 45,999)
- 1,491,146 individuals have been tested as of January 6, 2021,
(was 1,485,231 individuals have been tested as of January 5, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
- Since the start of immunizations, over 28,209 people have been vaccinated (previously 24,139)
Common symptoms with COVID19 include fever/chills, persistent cough, loss of smell, and difficulty breathing. If symptoms appear call your health-care provider or 811 right away for further guidance. You can also check your symptoms online.
From today’s statement:
“This time of year can be a difficult time for many people, and it is compounded by the challenges that come with COVID-19. During these times, taking care of our mental health and well-being is part of how we take care of ourselves and our community.
“Let’s remember that no matter how dark the days may be, we are all in this storm together and you are not alone: support is available, if you need it.
“While the number of new cases and those with serious illness is higher than any of us want, there is light ahead, and with each day that we do our part and more people get immunized, that light gets brighter.
“No one is immune to this virus, but everyone can make a difference. Connection is important to all of us, so reach out to someone who may be struggling and show them you care.
“Our individual experiences may be unique, but we are in this together. By showing kindness and compassion to those around us, it will help all of us get to the brighter days ahead.”
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)