Since yesterday, there have been 640 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 10,538 people being actively monitored.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 44,103. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 98 new cases
- Fraser Health: 399 new cases
- Island Health: 5 new cases
- Interior Health: 91 new cases
- Northern Health: 47 new cases
- Active cases: 9,950 (previously 9,860)
- Hospitalized cases: 362 (previously 361)
- Intensive care: 91 (previously 93)
- 24 new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 692)
- Recovered: 32,376 (previously 31,866)
- 1,325,240 individuals have been tested as of Dec 16, 2020
(was 1,267,521 individuals have been tested as of Dec 10, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
One child under 5 has tested positive for MIS-C and COVID-19; that child is fully recovered
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
From today’s statement:
“Yesterday, 409 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine were given to B.C. front-line health-care workers. Starting next week, the province will receive weekly vaccine deliveries for clinics in every health region throughout the province. Specific timing will be provided once confirmed.
“We can all be a part of B.C.’s COVID-19 response team – the team that is pulling together and making a difference through this difficult time. Our team is made of hundreds of thousands of people throughout B.C. who are doing their part – at work, at school and at home.
“Let’s ensure we are using our layers of protection and following all of the public health orders, which is more important than ever right now, especially during the holiday season.
“Many people have already made the commitment to make their holiday celebrations safe celebrations – by staying small and connecting virtually instead. There are countless creative ways for us to have those important connections and also protect our communities and the people we care for most. Let’s continue to do our part and break the chain of transmission in B.C.”
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 525 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 21, 2021
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021