Since yesterday, there have been 694 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 10,849 people who are under active public health monitoring.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 35,422. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 114 new cases
- Fraser Health: 465 new cases
- Island Health: 10 new cases
- Interior Health: 82 new cases
- Northern Health: 23 new cases
- 94 (previously 94) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Active cases: 9,103 (still to be updated for today) (previously 8,941)
- Hospitalized cases: 325 (previously 337)
- Intensive care: 80 (previously 79)
- 12 new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 481)
- Recovered: 24,928 (previously 24,424)
- 1,161,867 individuals have been tested as of Dec 2, 2020
(was 1,153,408 as of Dec 1, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
One child under 5 has tested positive for MIS-C and COVID-19; that child is fully recovered
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
Once a province-wide vaccination plan is conceived, it will be made available. The priority will go to the most vulnerable. It will take a while to immunize province-wide, but it will be done. Note that our health care workers are getting tired; this is why everyone has to do their part to stop the spread (and most are doing this! thank you).
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates