Since Friday, there have been 708 new cases. The daily breakdown:
- From May 28 to May 29, we had 258 new cases.
- From May 29 to May 30, we had 238 new cases and
- In the last 24 hours, we had a further 212 new cases.
- A total of 144,289 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 140 new cases
- Fraser Health: 394 new cases
- Island Health: 18 new cases
- Interior Health: 113 new cases
- Northern Health: 42 new cases
- Active cases: 2,953 (previously 3,441)
- Hospitalized cases: 249 (previously 292)
- Intensive care: 78 (previously 79)
- 11 new deaths (total reported to date: 394)
- Recovered: 139,562
To date, 3,250,161 (was 3,106,269) first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 179,954 (was 160,885) of which are second doses. This means 69.7% of all adults and 66.1% of those 12 and older have received their first dose.
From today’s statement
“While we are making significant headway in our immunization efforts, this is a time of caution for all of us. New strains continue to circulate and outbreaks are still occurring in all regions of the province.
“Immunizations are an extremely effective tool. But it takes time for them to fully protect us, which is why it is important we all stay vigilant to prevent further virus transmission in our communities.
“Registering with the Get Vaccinated immunization system is the fastest way to get your first and second doses. Anyone who received their vaccine prior to April 15 is asked to please register today, if you have not already done so. If you are unsure, complete the two-minute registration process and the system will immediately confirm your registration.
“This past weekend, almost 300,000 people in B.C. were booked for their second booster dose – another encouraging and necessary step for all of us to maximize our protection for the maximum amount of time.
“While there is much that is positive and encouraging on the horizon with the COVID-19 vaccination progress, we pause and mourn the 215 children whose remains were found at the site of the Kamloops Indian Residential School.
“We stand with the families of children buried at Indian Residential Schools and honour the strength and resilience of those who survived.
“Let’s take this time of sadness to connect with our children, our grandchildren and families to honour those we have lost.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 696 new BC COVID-19 cases, 6 deaths, Oct 20, 2021
- 560 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Oct 19, 2021
- 1,846 new BC COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths, Oct 18, 2021 (3 days)
- 667 new BC COVID-19 cases, 13 deaths, Oct 15, 2021
- 580 new BC COVID-19 cases, 9 deaths, Oct 14, 2021
- 605 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 13, 2021
- 2,090 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 12, 2021 (4 days)
- 743 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 8, 2021
- 624 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 7, 2021
- 752 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 6, 2021
- 593 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 5, 2021
- 1,986 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 4, 2021 (3 days)
- 714 new BC COVID-19 cases, Oct 1, 2021
- 749 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 30, 2021
- 813 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 29, 2021
- 652 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 28, 2021
- 2,239 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 27, 2021 (3 days)
- 743 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 24, 2021
- 832 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 23, 2021
- 759 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 22, 2021