Since yesterday, there have been 716 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., and 9,696 (was 9,488) cases are being actively monitored. (If you’re looking for a benchmark, here’s the news from one year ago today.)
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 93,969. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 230 new cases
- Fraser Health: 383 new cases
- Island Health: 21 new cases
- Interior Health: 38 new cases
- Northern Health: 42 new cases
- Active cases: 5,573 (previously 5,409)
- Hospitalized cases: 303 (previously 314)
- Intensive care: 85 (previously 83)
- 3 new deaths (total 1,441)
- Recovered: 86,857
There have been 71 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 1,581 cases. Of the total cases, 148 are active and the remaining people have recovered. This includes 1,397 cases of the B.1.1.7 (U.K.) variant, 44 cases of the B.1.351 (South Africa) variant and 140 cases of the P.1 (Brazil) variant.
To date, 582,634 (was 557,508) doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 87,180 of which are second doses. Vaccine appointment bookings are now open for people 76 or older, and Indigenous peoples over 55.
Island Health Vaccination information
Only call in at 1-833-348-4787, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily, when you’re eligible. If you miss your initial age-based window, you can call anytime after you become eligible. Eligibility is now for anyone 85 and older, or Indigenous 65 and older.
From today’s statement
“Just as our COVID-19 pandemic response has required a ‘whole-of-province’ effort, so too does our COVID-19 immunization program.
“Together, hundreds of public health experts, physicians, nurses and other health-care professionals are leading the efforts to safely get vaccine into as many arms as possible, as quickly as we can.
“We have seen much progress in recent weeks. The timing for our age-based program has been accelerated, front-line workers will soon be immunized and now, people who are clinically extremely vulnerable with complex and challenging health conditions will also be able to get immunized.
“Starting next Monday, March 29, people who receive a clinically extremely vulnerable letter will also be able to book vaccine appointments.
“Today, Premier John Horgan announced that a new team of people from the tourism sector will be joining the age-based vaccination efforts to provide non-clinical support to our immunizations teams.
“There may be more hurdles or challenges ahead, but we can be assured knowing that our greatest strength throughout this pandemic has been working together, united in our focus to get through this storm. Let’s all be a part of the team that is helping to make a difference through our individual and collective efforts.”
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021
- 1,711 new BC COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths, Aug 23, 2021 (3 days)
- 663 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 20, 2021
- 689 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, Aug 19, 2021
- 553 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 18, 2021
- 501 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 17, 2021
- 1,434 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 16, 2021 (3 days)
- 717 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 13, 2021
- 513 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 12, 2021
- 536 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 11, 2021
- 395 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 10, 2021
- 1,079 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Aug 9, 2021