Since yesterday, there have been 761 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C. and 8,849 people are actively being monitored.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 56,015. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 94 new cases
- Fraser Health: 484 new cases
- Island Health: 23 new cases
- Interior Health: 96 new cases
- Northern Health: 64 new cases
- Active cases: 6,349 (previously 6,472)
- Hospitalized cases: 472 (previously 381)
- Intensive care: 74 (previously 78)
- 8 new deaths (total 970)
- Recovered: 47,374 (previously 46,728)
- 1,500,005 individuals have been tested as of January 6, 2021,
(was 1,491,146 individuals have been tested as of January 6, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
- Since the start of immunizations, over 41,064 people have been vaccinated (previously 28,209)
Common symptoms with COVID19 include fever/chills, persistent cough, loss of smell, and difficulty breathing. If symptoms appear call your health-care provider or 811 right away for further guidance. You can also check your symptoms online.
Today, BC’s Provincial Health Officer extended her current order from November 19, 2020 at midnight to February 5, 2021 at midnight. All events and social gatherings are suspended to significantly reduce COVID-19 transmission related to social interactions and travel.
It is recommended that all non-essential travel continue to be avoided. This includes travel into and out of BC and between regions of the province. For example, British Columbians are asked not to travel for a vacation or visit friends or family outside of your household or core bubble.
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)