The active count continues to trend downward, and hospitalizations and ICU cases are still going up. Since yesterday, there have been 841 new cases. (If you’re looking for a benchmark, here’s the news from one year ago today.)
- The total of 127,889 cases in British Columbia to date. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 171 new cases
- Fraser Health: 541 new cases
- Island Health: 25 new cases
- Interior Health: 74 new cases
- Northern Health: 20 new cases
- Active cases 8,009: (previously 8,089), with 11,657 (previously 11,792) people under public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- Hospitalized cases: 515 (previously 500)
- Intensive care: 171 (previously 164)
- 5 new deaths (total 1,576)
- Recovered: 118,057
To date, 1,705,409 (was 1,671,128) first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 89,457 of which are second doses.
As of tomorrow anyone 18 years and older will be able eligible to register on the government website to get vaccinated. If you’re 40 and up, you can also contact your local pharmacy to register for the Astrazeneca vaccine.
Island Health Vaccination information
Only call in at 1-833-348-4787, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily, when you’re eligible. If you miss your initial age-based window, you can call anytime after you become eligible. Eligibility is now for anyone 85 and older, or Indigenous 65 and older.
From today’s statement
“Each week, more and more vaccine is arriving in our province, and with each person who gets their vaccine, we are all a little safer. Anyone in B.C. who is 18 years and older is now eligible to register for their vaccine on the Get Vaccinated website – the first step for everyone.
“People 59 and older can now also take the next step of booking their appointment, and we encourage you to do that right away. This will open up to people 58 and older at midnight tonight.
“Today, on this National Day of Mourning, we pause to remember and honour the people whose lives have been lost through work – whether a result of COVID-19, another illness or injury.
“We want everyone to go home from work safely every day, and we all have a part to play – it is about holding steady with our own individual efforts, to keep our loved ones and ourselves safe.
“We know what we need to do, and it is the small, simple steps that make the biggest difference. Washing our hands, staying home when we are feeling unwell, wearing our masks and giving others space – whether at the grocery store, at the park or playground.
“We are on our path, and while there may be obstacles to overcome along the way, by staying with our layers of protection, staying small and local, and following all of the orders in place, we will be able to put the pandemic behind us.”
- Register for your vaccine via the province
- Find a pharmacy that is participating in the AstraZeneca rollout
- Island Health data
- School exposures
- See the latest Health Orders here
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 1,692 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 20, 2021 (3 days)
- 768 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 17, 2021
- 706 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 16, 2021
- 661 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 15, 2021
- 677 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 14, 2021
- 1,984 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 13, 2021 (3 days)
- 820 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 10, 2021
- 774 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 9, 2021
- 814 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 8, 2021
- 2,425 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 7, 2021 (4 days)
- 671 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 3, 2021
- 801 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 2, 2021
- 785 new BC COVID-19 cases, Sept 1, 2021
- 655 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 31, 2021 (includes video of today’s modelling)
- 1,853 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 30, 2021 (3 days)
- 867 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 27, 2021
- 724 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 26, 2021
- 698 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 25, 2021
- 641 new BC COVID-19 cases, Aug 24, 2021
- 1,711 new BC COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths, Aug 23, 2021 (3 days)
- 663 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 20, 2021
- 689 new BC COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, Aug 19, 2021
- 553 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 18, 2021
- 501 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 17, 2021
- 1,434 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1death, Aug 16, 2021 (3 days)
- 717 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 13, 2021
- 513 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 12, 2021
- 536 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, Aug 11, 2021
- 395 new BC COVID-19 cases, no deaths, Aug 10, 2021
- 1,079 new BC COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, Aug 9, 2021