Since yesterday, there have been 887 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 10,307 people who are under active public health monitoring.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 29,973. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 168 new cases
- Fraser Health: 612 new cases
- Island Health: 18 new cases
- Interior Health: 65 new cases
- Northern Health: 24 new cases
- 93 (previously 94; adjusted) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Active cases: 7,899 (previously 7,616)
- Hospitalized cases: 294 (previously 294)
- Intensive care: 64 (previously 61)
- 13 new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 384)
- Recovered: 19,814 (previously 19,814)
- 1,089,225 individuals have been tested as of Nov 26, 2020
(was 1,077,733 as of Nov 24, 2020)
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
One child under 5 has tested positive for MIS-C and COVID-19; that child is fully recovered
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
From today’s statement:
“Slow and steady is what we need with COVID-19 and it is how we will get through this second wave. The efforts we make each day make a difference.
“Let’s support our public health teams, which are tirelessly working to track the virus, break the chain of transmission and keep all of us safe. The best way to do that is for each of us to keep to as few faces as possible right now.
“Exposures and transmission can happen anywhere. By paying attention to the places we go and the people we see, we can help contact tracers contain further spread if that does occur.
“Even though we may be staying small right now, that doesn’t stop us from staying connected and staying active. You can go outside, try a local restaurant you haven’t been to before with your family or connect with friends virtually.
“Let’s focus on our health and well-being by taking care of each other and ourselves, and doing all we can to protect our communities and each other.”
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 407 new BC COVID-19 cases and 14 deaths in BC, January 26, 2021
- 1,334 new BC COVID-19 cases and 26 deaths in BC, January 25, 2021
- 508 new BC COVID-19 cases and 9 deaths in BC, January 22, 2021
- 564 new BC COVID-19 cases and 15 deaths in BC, January 21, 2021
- 500 new BC COVID-19 cases and 14 deaths in BC, January 20, 2021