Since yesterday, there have been 941 more diagnosed COVID-19 cases in B.C., with 10,23 people who are under active public health monitoring.
- Total cases in B.C. since the pandemic began: 28,348. Of the new cases, the breakdown is as follows:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 174 new cases
- Fraser Health: 678 new cases
- Island Health: 11 new cases
- Interior Health: 49 new cases
- Northern Health: 29 new cases
- 94 (previously 94) individuals whose primary residence is outside of Canada
- Active cases: 7,360 (previously 7,360)
- Hospitalized cases: 284 (previously 277)
- Intensive care: 61 (previously 59)
- 10 new deaths (total deaths in BC to date: 358)
- Recovered: 19,605 (previously 19,069)
- 1,030,631 individuals have been tested as of Nov 23, 2020
- Suspected Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children or MIS-C: 16
One child under 5 has tested positive for MIS-C and COVID-19; that child is fully recovered
If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online. If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
From today’s announcement:
“We need to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our province and that needs to happen now. That is why we have paused all gatherings, events and indoor group fitness activities.
“That is also why everyone, young and old, needs to pause their social interactions and increase their layers of protection and stay within their local communities as much as possible.
“We need to ease the pressure to allow us to get over this next hurdle, and importantly, give us the ability to once again enjoy those things that are important to all of us.
“Let’s remember that every case of COVID-19 is a person who requires support and care, who may become severely ill and need to be in hospital, and whose family will experience the stress, emotional burden and for some, the tragedy, that has come with this virus.
“Let’s step up our efforts to protect our families, friends and neighbours. The time to do that is now.”
Access the BC COVID-19 dashboard for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more:
Cases by Health Service Delivery Area
Click here (Updated weekly on Thursdays)
Previous provincial updates
- 288 new BC COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, 368 (down) hospitalized, and 46 (down) in ICU: March 11
- 336 new BC COVID-19 cases, 4 deaths, 388 (down) hospitalized, and 52 (down) in ICU: March 10
- 274 new BC COVID-19 cases, 14 deaths, 405 (down) hospitalized, and 58 (down) in ICU: March 9, 2022
- 254 new BC COVID-19 cases, 1 death, 419 (down) hospitalized, and 63 (same) in ICU: March 8, 2022
- 997 new BC COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths, 449 (down) hospitalized, and 63 (down) in ICU: March 5-7, 2022 (3 days)