Elected officials present at the December 10 2018 Regular Council meeting: Mayor Maja Tait, and Councillors Jeff Bateman, Al Beddows, Ebony Logins, Megan McMath, Brenda Parkinson and Tony St-Pierre.
The 2019 Acting Mayor Schedule was unanimously approved at the December 10 regular Council meeting. It’s true, Mayor Maja Tait may occasionally be away on business, on vacation, or sick, so the Councillor appointed during that time fills her shoes (more formally described as “designated to act in the absences of the Mayor”).
Council appoint the Acting Mayors schedule for 2019 as follows:
- January-February Councillor Jeff Bateman
- March-April Councillor Ebony Logins
- May-June Councillor Tony St-Pierre
- July-August Councillor Al Beddows
- September-October Councillor Brenda Parkinson
- November-December Councillor Megan McMath
Also covered at the December 10 Regular Council meeting:
- Sooke launches participation with an Island-wide business licencing option
- Controversial “house-keeping” bylaw passes Council scrutiny, public hearing in January
- RCMP report gives overview of criminal activity in Sooke, October and year to date
- Presentation to Sooke Council: People living rough could die while governments decide what to do with them
- Acting mayor schedule for 2019
- Meeting dates for regular Council meetings in 2019 scheduled
- West Coast Road sidewalk to Ed McGregor Park to be funded by the sprinkler fund
- New council pushes “What’s in it for Sooke” when it comes to development
Note, this type of article will be available exclusively to subscribers starting in January, 2019. Join us in December and become a Charter member … and receive the Trial Rate for a full year. At most, you’ll pay $0.33/day.