British Columbia’s music professionals and artists have reason to celebrate, with the announcement of $7.5 million in government funding for AMPLIFY BC, the province’s new music fund.
AMPLIFY BC will support people working in B.C.’s diverse music industry. The new program focuses on four funding areas:
- Industry Initiatives supporting the development of B.C.’s music industry, including training, skills development, research and a new focus on young up-and-coming talent
- Career Development will focus on emerging and established artists
- Live Music will support B.C.-based live music events, creating engagement opportunities for audiences, artists and youth to enhance music tourism throughout B.C.
- Music Company Development will focus on sustainability and building the capacity of B.C.’s music companies
The new fund was created following consultation with Creative BC and discussion with B.C.’s music industry stakeholders. AMPLIFY BC will be administered by Creative BC over the next year.
AMPLIFY BC will shine a light on the many artists and industry professionals working throughout the province to support their growth. The fund will also benefit B.C. tourism, arts and creative industries and small business development.
British Columbia is Canada’s third-largest music centre, with over 285 music companies, 160 recording studios and more than 200 music festivals across the province. Provincial programs like AMPLIFY BC attract investments and leverage support for B.C.’s music industry, which contributes approximately $400 million each year to the provincial economy.
- To learn more about AMPLIFY BC visit CreativeBC.com