The ladies with the art show Emergence raised $878.10 for the Sooke Food Bank. The Emergence art show was hosted by Sooke artists Debbie Clarkston, Judy Hull and Sue Smith, and it took place at the South Shore Gallery, located at 2046 Otter Point Road, between August 11th to 25th.
Among many other things, the funds collected at the Sooke Food Bank go towards helping children in need.
“We gave out the last of our school supplies, we helped 98 kids start off the school year,” said Kim Metzger, President of the Sooke Food Bank. “We would like to thank every one that helped us!”
Their usage statistics, in mid-August, were as follows:
- Hampers: 2120
- Average number of families served per week: 92
- Average number of children served per week: 76
- Average number of adults served per week: 137
- Cost: $147,389.95
- Sooke Women in Business donate $1,100 to the Sooke Food Bank
- “Emergence” Art Show at South Shore Gallery