Reader Shane Robertson posted this pic on Facebook just after 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 24. With his permission, we are reprinting them here. The posting comes from a Sooke Facebook Group called Sooke Uncut (referenced below).
“This guy just crossed Sooke road and headed up Drennan.”
Have you had a close encounter with wildlife in Sooke? If you want, send us your photo if you have one and let us know when and where the animal was spotted.
According to a previous article from Wild Wise Sooke there are more than the usual number of sightings, maybe because of this summer’s drought. See Bear sightings are up in Sooke
[sam id=”15″ codes=”true”]Resources – Previous Article from Wild Wise Sooke
- Wild Wise Sooke: Bears out in Sooke, full force!
- Bear Deterrents Workshop for Local Farmers: Learn tools to protect your farm and produce and minimize negative interactions with bears
- Be Bear Wise: Wild Wise Sooke suggests spring cleaning, minimize attractants
- Cougar spotted in East Sooke
- A Bear’s Bill of Rights, from Wild Wise Sooke
- Cormorants in Sooke: Have you seen them? Here’s where to look
- Another bear killed in Sooke
- What a Sooke bear in its natural habitat looks like
- From SD62: Bear & Wildlife Safety Reminder – for you and your kids
- VIDEO: Globe and Mail video on Bears in Sooke
Originating Facebook Group
- Sooke Uncut – Closed Group (meaning: you must request membership)