Canada Day will be celebrated as per usual in Sooke at the Sooke River Campground on Phillips Rd, also known as the The Flats.
The event is organized by the Sooke Lions.
The opening ceremony begins at 12 noon, but before that happens, the Lions are serving a special breakfast for the public starting at 9:00 a.m. (8:00 a.m. for campers). Costs are unknown. There will be kids’ entertainment (“Gals I Like Twosome”) at the picnic tables.
After the opening ceremony at noon, there will be host of entertainment, and a number of vendors and activities available. Entertainment on the roster currently includes the Sooke Community Choir (as mentioned above), Virtual Elvis – Scott MacDonald, Johnny Vallis, and Phoenix the Band.
The evening will wrap up with fireworks at 10:00 p.m. (give or take based on past experience), weather permitting.
For more information, please visit their website at CanadaDaySooke.com
- Canada Day Photos from Otter Point Volunteer Fire Department
- VIDEO: Sooke Fireworks Canada 150
- Gallery: Canada 150 in Sooke
- Visit the Marine Search and Rescue on Canada Day at the Flats!
- Canada Day in Sooke, 2017
- Sooke choir featured in Victoria for Canada 150 Celebrations
- One thousand bulbs planted on the wettest, windiest day of the year
- Sooke’s youth selected to plant one of Canada’s Celebration Gardens