Canada is celebrated in Sooke thanks to a partnership between the District of Sooke & the Sooke Lions Club. As always, it will be hosted at the Sooke River Campsite, located at 2259 Phillips Road, on Canada Day (Monday July 1, 2-19).
- Suggested Items to Bring: Chair, blanket, water, and flashlight (if you plan on staying for the Fireworks).
- Rules of the site: No Smoking, No Pets (except certified guide dogs), No Alcohol, and No Bicycles are permitted at the event.
- Security will be on site throughout the entire event.
- There will be no cash machines on site, vendors may have their own debit/credit machines.
- There will be limited parking available at SEAPARC Leisure Centre, just off Phillips Road.
- Shuttles will be available from Evergreen Plaza and Edward Milne Community School between 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
In addition to the above Calendar of Events, there are also a number of events scheduled in the picnic area.
- 1:00 – 8:00 pm: Community Painting Project Paint-a-Stroke
- 2:00 – 6:00 pm: Henna Station
- 1:45 – 2:30 pm: Gals I Like
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: Music Bingo with Scott Macdonald
- 3:30 – 5:30 pm: Family Karaoke
Lastly, there will also be a “Family Fun Zone” running between 2pm and 6pm. It will have Fun Time Inflatables, Traditional Family Games, Photo Selfie Booth, Face Painting, Giant Lawn Games, Balloon Twisting, Enchanted Fables, and an Imagination Station.
For a current and updated itinerary, visit the District of Sooke’s Canada Day page.