On Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, full vaccination for everyone born in 2009 or earlier (12+) and presentation of your BC Vaccine Card will be required to access certain events, services and businesses.
On Monday, Oct. 25, more people will be able to come together at organized gatherings and events in parts of the province where vaccination rates are high. The provincial health officer order restricting capacity limits to 50% for inside organized events and gatherings will be revised to allow 100% capacity in those settings where the BC Vaccine Card is in place and proof of vaccination status is checked.
In addition, the requirement to remain seated at a table in restaurants and pubs will be lifted. Indoor mask requirements remain in effect for all indoor gatherings and events.
These changes apply to:
- indoor sporting events (e.g. hockey or basketball games)
- indoor concerts, theatre, movie theatres, dance and symphony events
- indoor organized events: examples are weddings, funeral receptions (outside of a funeral home) and organized parties.
Capacity limits remain in effect where regional orders are in place, including Fraser East and parts of Northern and Interior Health regions.
- For information on the latest provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, non-medical issues (such as travel recommendations) and how to manage social isolation, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/COVID-19
- For more information and latest medical updates on COVID-19, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website: http://www.bccdc.ca
Or follow on Twitter: @CDCofBC
- For information on how to register and book a COVID-19 appointment, visit: www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated