Car Free YYJ will take over Douglas Street for the city’s third annual community celebration with vendors, music, and much much more! Grab the entire family and enjoy your Father’s Day on Douglas Street for this free event!
- Nine block street festival from Chatham/Caledonia to Courtney from 11am-6pm with the street closed from 8am-8pm
- Four stages with a range of entertainment
- Three licensed areas – two family friendly with food trucks
- More than 300 vendors
- The Park on Douglas with grass and seating
- Bike valet on Pandora, East of Douglas
For information, please visit Downtown Victoria’s website.
From 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., buses that use Douglas Street will be re-routed onto Blanshard between Bay and Courtney Streets. Temporary stops will be set up on Blanshard, corresponding to the stop locations on Douglas.
For east-west routes, Johnson, Yates and Fort Streets will all be open, with traffic control personnel on-hand to ensure pedestrian safety.
The re-routing will affect transit service throughout the region on June 18: the online Trip Planner and schedules will not be accurate for routes affected. Customers in the Capital Region should expect longer travel times and be patient when waiting at bus stops. People taking transit to BC Ferries are encouraged to take an earlier trip to make sure they’ll be on time.