Here’s the fourth in the series of the Chronicles of the Compost Fairy.
Despite the angst of climate emergency, the compost fairy is rolling up her sleeves and taking a new approach in her garden.
Instead of using a mower or other fossil fuel-powered tools, she’s converted her lawn to a meadow that uses a lot less water, attracts bees and butterflies and is beautiful in a whole new way.
She’s been reading these books and online resources:
- Climate-Wise Landscaping by Sue Reed and Ginny Stibolt
- Edible Landscaping with a Permaculture Twist: How to Have Your Yard and Eat It Too” by Michael Judd
- She recommends the website https://soilsolution.org/
You too can find lots of inspiration at our local library!
Previously on SPN
- Chronicles of the Compost Fairy: The fourth of nature be with you!
- Chronicles of the Compost Fairy: The Third
- Chronicles of the Compost Fairy: Second in the series
- Chronicles of the Compost Fairy: Debut appearance at Sooke