SPN: This is a followup to an earlier Letter, LETTER: Invitation to join climate crisis demonstration at Horgan’s office, Thursday happening today between 12 and 1PM.
Concerned local residents are demonstrating today outside of 17 offices of government demanding protection of B.C.’s old-growth forests.
These demonstrations are part of a province wide day of action coordinated by Sierra Club BC to highlight the plight of B.C.’s old-growth forests.
Demonstrators will call on the B.C. government to immediately halt old-growth logging in critical intact old-growth hotspots. They will also call for science-based protection of endangered old-growth forests drawing on solutions used in the Great Bear Rainforest Agreements combined with strong support for First Nations and good long-term forestry jobs.
- What: Old-growth protection demonstration
- When: June 6, times dependent on location
- Victoria: 12 PM at MLA Carole James’ office (1084 Fort St.), Lekwungen territory
- Victoria: 12 PM at MLA Rob Fleming’s office (1020 Hillside Ave), Lekwungen territory
- Langford: 12 PM at Premier John Horgan’s office (2806 Jacklin Rd.), Coast Salish territory
- Campbell River: 11:30 PM at MLA Claire Trevena’s office (908 Island Highway), K’ómoks and Homalco territory
- Courtenay-Comox: 4 PM at MLA Ronna-Rae Leonard’s office (437 5th Street), K’ómoks territory
- Nanaimo: 11 AM at MLA Doug Routley’s office (#112, 50 Tenth St., Southgate Mall), Snuneymuxw First Nation territory
- Sidney: 12 PM at MLA Adam Olsen’s office (215-2506 Beacon Ave.), W̱SÁNEĆ territory
- Duncan: 12 PM at MLA Sonia Furstenau’s office (164 Station St.), Coast Salish territory
- Parksville: 12 PM at MLA Michelle Stilwell’s office (2B-1209 Island Highway), K’ómoks territory
- Vancouver: 10 AM at MLA George Heyman’s office (642 West Broadway), Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh territory
- North Vancouver: 12 PM at MLA Bowinn Ma’s office (5-221 West Esplanade), Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh territory
- Surrey: 12 PM at MLA Tracey Redies’ office (135-1959 152nd Street), Semiahmoo, Katzie, Kwikwetlem, Kwantlen, Qayqayt and Tsawwassen First Nations territory
- Oliver: 12 PM at MLA Linda Larson’s office (6369 Main St), Sylix Okanagan territory
- Prince George: 12 PM at Shirley Bond’s office (1350 5th Avenue), Lheidli T’enneh and Dakeł Keyoh territory
- Langley: 12 PM the Township of Langley City Hall (20338 65 Ave), Stó:lō Nation territory
- Sechelt: 12 PM at MLA Nicholas Simon’s office (#5 4720 Sunshine Coast Highway), Squamish, Sechelt, Sliammon and Kla’hoose First Nations territory
- Nelson: 12 PM at MLA Michelle Mungall’s office (433 Josephine St), Ktunaxa, Syilx Okanagan and Sinixt territory